Welcome – I am a 40-something gay Christian seeking ways to live authentically:
- a former Roman Catholic seminarian (trainee for priesthood)
- now in the first civil partnership to be registered in a place of worship in the UK
- an experienced teacher, youth worker and trainer in LGBT awareness, particularly for faith communities
- part-time chaplain to YMCA Liverpool
- Local Missional Leader in the Diocese of Liverpool, to co-facilitate Open Table, an ecumenical Christian worship community which offers a warm welcome to people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer / Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA) and all who seek an inclusive Church
- volunteer LGBT+ role model with Diversity Role Models, Barnardo’s and Stonewall
- contributor to several website, including Quest, LGBT Foundation, Marriage Equality Watch, Guardian Witness, Stonewall 25, Diversity Role Models and Modern Church
- editor of several websites, including Modern Church and Appreciating Church
- sharing stories of faith, hope and love, to inspire and challenge.
Why ‘A brave faith’?
When I began writing this blog I did so under a pseudonym – ‘Jack-With-No-Box’. I explained the origin of that name and of the the title of the blog in an early post here. I headed the blog in the early years with this image: Jacob and the Angel by Alexander Louis Leloir. It represented something of my experience of ‘wrestling for blessing’, which I first wrote about here.
As I grew in confidence following publicity of our civil partnership and media requests for interviews following the UK Government’s consultation on same-sex marriage in England and Wales, I began writing more openly under my own name, and headed the blog using this photo of my husband and I on the threshold of the church on the day of our civil partnership. I wrote about the significance of this image for us here.
Follow me on Twitter:
Tweets by abravefaith